Mk2 Gateway and Guest Consoles

Hello, we are considering purchasing a 4Out Mk2 Gateway so that we can negate multiple DMX lines from our IONxe to the stage, and hopefully just change to a network cable to the gateway on stage. I'm new to this so I may not fully understand. While I know this will work with my in-house ION, how will this play with guest consoles that tours bring in such as MA, Avo,..? I just want a solution that will work well all around and not overcomplicate things when I have to deal with a guest LD/console.

Thanks much!

Parents
  • One thing I often use is DMX in. I have Response gateways in and out, where my consoles goes over network guests sometimes want only DMX hard lines then I have a DMX in gateway that transform DMX to sACN. This also let me use AIP (Advanced input patch) filtering and re-routing incoming dmx so as an example not letting the guests use the full universe. I have all my dimmers on 1 universe, but guest often only want to use my FOH, then I can limit the input with AIP so that they can't accidentally turn on other dimmer channels on stage. 

• One thing I often use is DMX in. I have Response gateways in and out, where my consoles goes over network guests sometimes want only DMX hard lines then I have a DMX in gateway that transform DMX to sACN. This also let me use AIP (Advanced input patch) filtering and re-routing incoming dmx so as an example not letting the guests use the full universe. I have all my dimmers on 1 universe, but guest often only want to use my FOH, then I can limit the input with AIP so that they can't accidentally turn on other dimmer channels on stage. 

Children
No Data
Related