MSC over Ethernet?

Like the title says, is it possible/practicle to use MSC over Ethernet on an EOS network?

Is the protocol published, or is it necessary to disseminate the ACN messages with wireshark or similar?

Cheers,
Jim

Parents
  • MSC as in MIDI Show Control, I think - not a Mosaic Show Controller. The dangers of TLAs and ETLAs! 

Jim, I'll drop you an email but the short answer for posterity is - yes, it's easy-ish to send strings via UDP for Eos to understand and trigger events, in a very similar way to MIDI Show Control. The packet format is spelled out in the manual under the serial section, and the Ethernet/UDP information (new to 1.9.5) is in the supplement.

There is also an option to have Eos send a string to a given address/port whenever it would normally send an MSC packet, e.g. Go, Stop, and so on.

:)

• MSC as in MIDI Show Control, I think - not a Mosaic Show Controller. The dangers of TLAs and ETLAs! 

Jim, I'll drop you an email but the short answer for posterity is - yes, it's easy-ish to send strings via UDP for Eos to understand and trigger events, in a very similar way to MIDI Show Control. The packet format is spelled out in the manual under the serial section, and the Ethernet/UDP information (new to 1.9.5) is in the supplement.

There is also an option to have Eos send a string to a given address/port whenever it would normally send an MSC packet, e.g. Go, Stop, and so on.

:)

Children
Related