Installation failing

Hi,

I've been having a few issues getting this round of betas to install on my laptop. It fails during the Augment3d part of the install, as shown below:

There is 42GB of free space on the drive, so I think that is ok.

I couldn't find where the logs the message mentions might be - could you point me in the right direction, so I can send them to you?

Thanks,

Joe

Parents Reply Children
  • I have emailed the logs directly to you, Matt.

Having done a little more poking, I had managed to uninstall all the v3.x.x version on the computer, but it still wouldn't install. It appears that it might be having difficulty removing an old beta version when doing the update, as a version of Augment3d was still installed after the uninstall.

With no version of v3 installed, I managed to install just Eos (without Augment3d) using the install extracted from the downloaded .exe, which is at least enough to get the logs.

I'm going to see if I can get rid of the stuck version of Augment3d.

I'm not sure if I'd successfully updated Eos after updating to W11 (from W10) or whether this problem appeared on the first Eos update after the W11 update. As it was coming from a beta version (3.1b201) it may not be relevant to release installs.

• That was it. When I ran the Augment3d installer (extracted from the exe) it said it couldn't find the installer for the installed version of Augment3d. When I pointed it to an extracted version of that file, it completed that uninstall/install just fine.

The main installer would then complete properly.