offline editor crash on mac

Hello!

I'm using a macbook with mac os x 10.4.10. When i open the offline editor and choose to start a new play the editor shuts down. This happens when i choose the patch and it doesn't matter which patch i choose. This happens even if I open a new play from the browser. The only thing that works is to start using last saved data.

Is there away to get around this?

Anton

• I have one earlier report about something similar but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. I will give it another try.

• Thanks!

I hope it can be solved 

[edited by: Anton at 5:32 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Nov 07 2007] [edited by: Anton at 5:31 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Nov 07 2007]
  • I can verify the same issue on a Quad core Mac Pro running 10.4.10.
    Also happens on my Powerbook G4 1GHz runnning 10.4.10, using the Motorola build of the software.  
    Try to patch in any way and the program crashes and disappears.
    I am using version 4.3.2 
    Would there be any crash logs that would help you all solve this issue?
  • Hi Anders,

Any thoughts on this mac problem? I have since tried on another system. The problem has now appeared on a Intel Quad Core Power Mac, a Powerbook G4 1GHz and an iBook G4 1.25GHz. They are all running 10.4.10. I have tried with Congo 4.3.0 and 4.3.2. Is this possibly an incompatibility with this version of Tiger? I see plenty of  Mac users having no problems with the software; I am wondering why I am having the same result with multiple systems.

Thanks,

Alex Amyot

Technical Director

The University of Tampa

• Hi all -

We are currently doing work on the Congo application that we hope might sort out the Mac problems. However, we won't know for a while yet. Please believe me when I say we are working on it - however, until we can nail down the specific problem there's not much we can do. If you (or anyone else having problems) can send us a Mac crash report, that would be most helpful.

Thanks -

Sarah

• If you give me your email I send it over...

hope it helps

• Excellent. Please send it to anders.ekvall "at" etcconnect.com.

Thanks!

Sarah

• Hi there!

Not to put anyone in a hurry but to probably relax malex: Im experincing the same behaviour on a Macbook Pro (intel) 2.0Ghz 2.0 GB OSX 10.4.11 - which would really make me nervous if I would rely on the editor (which I don't yet... ;-) I'm using program version 4.32

And I'm looking forward what it might be about. Good luck and cheers!

eike! 

[edited by: Eike at 10:50 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Dec 03 2007] [edited by: Eike at 10:47 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Dec 03 2007]
  • Today we have made some progress on problems with Congo Offline for the Mac...

We have identified one problem that is related to the opening/closing of dialogs. This problem has been fixed but we need to do some more testing before we can make a release.

Another main problem seems to be related to the usage of a non-English screen language. I assume that you are using German, right?

This problem is more complicated to fix and is probably related to computers with several processor cores running simultaneously. We are currently working on changing the core GUI library for version 4.4 of Congo. We will not be able to do the fix until we have completed this process so it won’t happen until end of first quarter next year. In the meantime, running in English would eliminate this problem.

• Any news about the update for the Mac Offline editor?  I downloaded it last week and I couldn't do anything with it, and it would crash if I tried to change the patch.

Thanks

Sean 

Related