Is there a way to import a Wysiwyg file into Augment 3d?

I'm a freelance Lighting Designer working mainly in opera and I use Wysiwyg Perform to design my lighting rigs in 3d.

I usually hook Wysiwyg up with my ETC EOS Nomad to pre-program and check lighting cues so that I can visualise my lighting before the set and lights are rigged in the theatres / opera houses where I work.

It would be a great time saver if I could import the Wysiwyg .wyg file into Augment 3d so that the theatre's lighting console programmer could see my rig at the console without having to redraw the set and lighting rig all from scratch.

I hope someone can set out a straightforward workflow that I could try.

Many thanks,

John Bishop

Parents Reply
  • I was playing with that last night. worked reasonably well. There are a few things I need to figure out involving custom images on surfaces, but over all it was very cool. 

I was also playing with MVR between wysiwyg, Vectorworks, and MA3 on PC and found it to be pretty great. Definitely some things I need to learn, particularly on the MA3 side. But it is all very promising and cool. 

Thanks for the input. I will hold out hope that ETC will eventually bring MVR into the fold. Until then I guess I just have to practice placing my fixtures in manually.

Children
Related