Is there a way to import a Wysiwyg file into Augment 3d?

I'm a freelance Lighting Designer working mainly in opera and I use Wysiwyg Perform to design my lighting rigs in 3d.

I usually hook Wysiwyg up with my ETC EOS Nomad to pre-program and check lighting cues so that I can visualise my lighting before the set and lights are rigged in the theatres / opera houses where I work.

It would be a great time saver if I could import the Wysiwyg .wyg file into Augment 3d so that the theatre's lighting console programmer could see my rig at the console without having to redraw the set and lighting rig all from scratch.

I hope someone can set out a straightforward workflow that I could try.

Many thanks,

John Bishop

Parents Reply Children
  • I don't own a copy of VW. I work with some LDs that do which is why I am excited for the MVR import/export between VW and WYSIWYG. Adding EOS into the mix would be cool, but those LD's are MA2/3 programmers while I am the EOS guy. So with my current client list it would only be myself that is benefitting from EOS importing MVR. 

Thank you for the suggestion ueliriegg! Maybe I can convince my VW friends to do quick conversions for me when I am in a pinch. Slight smile

Related