How to trigger by osc "scenes" on ableton live from eos nomad?

I want to trigger the sound cues on ableton live with the lightdesk (etc nomad ion surface). I think the setup is correct but it doesn't work. Sb have experience with the combination of eos and ableton live?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Connection:

Ethernet

Subnetmask of both Computers:

Static Ip adress of eos computer:

Ip adress of ableton computer:

Port of Ableton

Osc UDP TX Port

Command on eos:

Cue 2.6 Execute String /launch/scene "2"

Parents
  • I tried getting that type of thing working myself a while ago and was never successful. I was never able to get Eos to output arbitrary OSC strings for Qlab. At the time I did not have wireshark, but I spent an entire evening on it with no luck. All I ever got was either no result whatsoever or syntax errors. 

I have never once in my entire life gotten a single OSC message using the "=" to work as expected with Eos. All the documentation on that appears to be patently false (so every single page of the OSC documentation is flat out wrong). Eos uses a space " " to separate incoming address and argument, not "=". Yes, I know I'm directly contradicting the documentation. The documentation is wrong. Try it yourself. The space " " works and "=" does not. Maybe there's a really specific scenario where the "=" does in fact work, but it most certainly is not reliable in any regard. The space " " works 100% of the time.

• The Eos manual states at the beginning of the OSC chapter:

Arguments

OSC arguments are additional data for a command that can be appended to the string
    following the method.

Eos uses the = character in OSC strings to separate the method from any subsequent
    arguments. Third-party OSC software often requires a different character, and may not
    be able to interpret incoming strings that use =. Consult the documentation for your
    OSC software to determine the appropriate character to append arguments.

And that's exactly how it behaves. When sending OSC from Eos you use a = to separate the address from the argument. What other software uses to signify that separation is not in the realm of Eos or its documentation.

• I'm talking about OSC inputs into Eos. In other words the documentation that instructs me how to form OSC messages to be sent to Eos to control Eos parameters.

Documentation states that "/eos/chan/1=100" should bring channel 100 to full. It doesn't. However, "/eos/chan/1 100" does work. That's consistent for all other types of commands. Domentation instructs me to separate address/argument with "=" but it never works. " " always works.

• I'm talking about OSC inputs into Eos. In other words the documentation that instructs me how to form OSC messages to be sent to Eos to control Eos parameters.

Documentation states that "/eos/chan/1=100" should bring channel 100 to full. It doesn't. However, "/eos/chan/1 100" does work. That's consistent for all other types of commands. Domentation instructs me to separate address/argument with "=" but it never works. " " always works.

Children
Related