Random blink/pulse with elation node

High school here with limited knowledge. We have a new enode2 poe plugged into ion xe outputting to an elation six par.

We've got  control of the fixture except there is a random flicker/strobe/blink. It does not have a discernable pattern and when put it at 0 intensity, it goes out and randomly flashes white.

Tried other fixtures. This setup with the address works when we use a different node. Talked with etc and elation tech support. Elation thought it might be a bad node, so they swapped it. Same issue. Apart from the blink, everything else works fine: color, pulse, strobe,)

Rdm is off. Artnet is off. Changed the ip of the node to within 1 of the board. Subnets match.

Anyone else had this issue or can lend advice?

Thank you in advance

• If it is periodicly it could be the node software. ETC send every second a packet with a different startcode.

• that has come up before. from what i can tell it's because elation doesn't fully support the sACN standard. there is an extension to the standard by ETC which other products should ignore if they don't understand it. unfortunately elation seems to ignore a tiny part of the standard and because of that fails to ingore that extension.

there were rumours about a firmware upgrade for some of the elation products, but i don't know those products well enough to tell you if there is one for your specific model. you should contact elation to have this fixed.

• Elation eNodes “support” SACN so long as the priority mode is set to Per Source. However, ETC consoles output at a Per Address priority mode. I spoke with Elation today to no help. They feel that they support the protocol to its full standard and the fault is not with them. I have an email in with their support about whether they could update the firmware on the eNodes to resolve this. I’m not holding my breath. At this point I would call ETC consoles and Elation eNodes incomparable with each other unless you want to use ART-NET. 

• If the people from Elation would follow the standards for DMX ANSI E1.11 they'd know that they must handle different start codes for DMX data. The 0xDD start code ist not the only allowed start code used by DMX standard. That is a firmware bug of the Elation Six Par.

• Hello.

Same problem with the Botex NETcon 8-5 (Stage Technology) & Thomann.... sACN controlled by DMX-Workshop Artistic License software runs "correctly" .... but with ETC Eos, the same problem as the one they have described by other users for the Elation node ..... so if someone is thinking of purchasing a Botex NETcon 8-3 or 8-5, they should know that in sACN mode it is incompatible with EOS ..... festival flickering in the lights ...

Related