iRFR

I wasn't able to make it to USITT for details, when can we expect to see the iRFR appear on the app store? I assume not until 1.5 is released? Will the wireless network be provided by WAPs, similar to the PDA remotes for Emphasis?

Can't wait till I can just walk into the space and do pre-show checks from my phone without leaving the stage...

Parents Reply
  • usesafesets and lidgett I do agree with your comments  if you are comparing it to a dedicated remote then its obviously a bargain, (when we bought the Radio Remote Focus Unit for our Express a few years ago it cost us £800!) ... but for users who already have a remote as part of their setup then the price may be a little high. Is an iPhone/iTouch (I have an iPhone) really going to be a replacement for dedicated remote Focus Unit and will it offer the same level of reliability? I know that I wouldn't want to use my iPhone day in day out as a focus unit for many reasons: battery life, risk of damage, wear and tear to mention a few and although many users will be freelancers and may find this app invaluable as a business tool and therefore business expense, I know that most interested people will be venue technicians who's employers won't fork out for apps for their technician's phones, even if they don't already have a remote. Also surely if everyone at the venue did download the app at a slightly lower price then more money would be raised for charity anyway and the more people downloading the app the better feedback ETC will get on the usability.

Children
Related