[bug] Cannot change virtual intensity home value in patch with WwCw LED fixture

Earlier today I tried to create a multicell fixture from WwCw LED cells, but found that I could not change the home values for the cells' virtual Intens from zero.  This seems to be blocked for the generic WwCw LED fixture type entirely, whether multicell or not, and whether I used the one from the library or created it from scratch.  Is that intentional?   It would be very useful to make simple multicell fixtures from the basic building block fixtures like WwCw LED, and being able to set the default intensity full for the cells is an important step.

Parents Reply Children
  • I very much do appreciate your interest in trying to help.  It was a pretty simple multicell... master cell with virtual intensity only, and five WwCw cells, to control LED bicolor tape lighting shelves in ten identical bookcases.  Two addresses per cell, ten total, for the Warm and Cool parameters.  I tried everything but there really isn't much to try given how simple the fixture is.  Home for virtual intensity in a WwCw fixture just doesn't want to be anything except zero.

This is for a TV show which has resumed production after shutting down over the 180-day weekend, for a set that probably won't get used more than a few days at most.  So the show file has been built for a while and I want the fingerprint for a temporary set to be as light as possible.  We did update our consoles to 3.0 however because it's so damned good!  I might go for the home preset after all though since conserving channel numbers is important too...

Related