no network available

In the shell i am online but in the about window there is no network available?

Also no incoming osc commands..?

why could this be ? is it user related or something?

Parents Reply Children
  • Try deactivating all other network cards. Nomad can only handle one, maybe there is confusion

• I tried so many things already! including all the tips from tech support but it sounds mostly like this older post

• Hi there,

I've run into a very peculiar problem running nomad offline on my Macbook Pro.  It can't seem to recognize my network interface or connect to any sort of network that I'm apart of.  Specifically, I'm not able to trigger any OSC functions via network, connect to a visualizer, or connect to an Eos network in Mirror Mode.

For example: I've been trying to play around with the new OSC control from my iPad using TouchOSC.  I followed all of the instructions posted in the recent "Touch OSC video tutorial" post (http://community.etcconnect.com/control_consoles/f/15/t/17442#pi410filter=all&pi410scroll=false) and I was still unable to get OSC to communicate to the offline editor.

I also double checked all my settings in the shell and all of the appropriate network settings were selected.  It even displayed my network interface as being "online" which seemed like all was good.

However when I went into to "About" in the actual offline, it would display "No network Available" in the IP section.  

Also, whenever I try to log into the offline as "Offline w/ viz" or "Mirror Mode"  I always get an error of "Unable to start MultiConsole networking services".

I've checked all of my Mac's network settings many times, and my Firewall is completely disabled, so it doesn't seem like it could be that.  I've tried re-installing the offline software as well and I still get the same results.  I feel like there must be some random setting in a preference file or something that is preventing Eos offline from connecting with my interface...

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem before?  It definitely seems like it's a problem between OS X and the Eos Offline, but I have no idea where the problem could be rooted.  I've also tried attempting all of these features on a friend's Macbook with the same Eos software version and all works perfectly fine with both OSC and offline visualizer.  

Specs: Macbook Pro 15" mid-2009, OS X 10.10.4, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD hard drive, Eos Family version 2.3.1 (Also had similar issues with earlier versions 2.3 and 2.2)

Any ideas or help anyone might have would be amazing.  Thanks!

• This is the only post that sounds a bit like my problem!

Related