Block in Display Question

I've was demonstrating the Auto Block feature to an Op. Everything worked as it should. A 'late' cue was revisited and updated with a change (ostensible putting in a Auto Block). An early cue was revisited and another change was made to that channel. In the Blind Spreadsheet (Oh what a tremendous tool this is!) we could see how the block prevented this tracking into and beyond the 'blocked' one. Good demo I thought until back in the PSD I did not see a  "b" in there! What did I do wrong?

Parents
  • The Spreadsheet doesn't show any blocked (neither auto nor regular) parameter. So it's correct that the PSD doesn't show any block flag.

• Oh wow. I thought I understood this a long time back. Even in LIVE my PSD doesn't show anything. Clearly, a block occurred when I put chan 4 in cue 4 to zero, To test, I went back to cue 2 and changed chan 4 from FL to 10%. Rather than  tracking right down the list (like chan 2 which was altered in cue 2) the tracking ceased at cue #4  just like it should. As this a case of an auto block I was expecting a "b: (underlined) in the  B column. I put a manual block on cue 3 and got the upper case "B" in white in the column as expected. What am I missing please?

• you're not describing an (auto)block. you're describing a move instruction. those are the blue and green intensities. autoblocks are white and underlined.

• Oh lord we are gong in circles. My manual p256 (prior 3.0);

Auto Block

." . . for example in cue 5 you set chan 1 to 50%. It is stored in a move instruction. Then you go back to an earlier cue set chan 1 to 50% and it tracks forward to cue 5. Chan 1 will be autoblocked in cue 5 . . .  Auto blocks are displayed yada yada . . . ."

I followed this. Only change was that I made chan 1 60% rather than 50% better to see it. Checked it out in Blind Spreadsheet. The block is there. But still no b in the PSD.  I used to see these "b"s last time I did this but I was using "Cue Only". Would that be the difference?

• Oh lord we are gong in circles. My manual p256 (prior 3.0);

Auto Block

." . . for example in cue 5 you set chan 1 to 50%. It is stored in a move instruction. Then you go back to an earlier cue set chan 1 to 50% and it tracks forward to cue 5. Chan 1 will be autoblocked in cue 5 . . .  Auto blocks are displayed yada yada . . . ."

I followed this. Only change was that I made chan 1 60% rather than 50% better to see it. Checked it out in Blind Spreadsheet. The block is there. But still no b in the PSD.  I used to see these "b"s last time I did this but I was using "Cue Only". Would that be the difference?

Children
Related