Closing tab 1

There might be a good reason not to let users close tab 1 and 2. (Although I thing this is a little belittling)

As a feature request I would really like it to be possible to be able to close tab 1 one if another instance (1.2) is open. 
in most cases it is easier and faster to open a new tab at the place where you need it, then having to (remember how to) move the tab across panes or monitors.

Parents
  • I completly agree with this

Additionaly sometimes I`ld like to close the PSD Tab too.

For example I like to have just a MS on the left,and DS on the right Monitor.

• Howdy! For the time being, we are going to retain Tabs 1 & 2 as always open, primarily in service of the displays being able to quickly go to a known state, regardless of what system you happen to walk up to.

Don't forget that [Tab] & [Page Left/Right] moves tabs between frames & monitors. I do agree that we could make improvements to more quickly getting a tab to a specific frame on a specific monitor, without duplicating it (including across workspaces). I'll write those up for future development.

Thanks for the feedback.
    ~n~

• Hi,

Thanks for your answer. It is not exactly what I asked though. If another instance of tab 1 is open, I would like it to be possible to close all but the last instance. Now you can only close the ones that are not the very first one. It should be the other way around: you should be able to close instances of tab 1, until there is only one left.

• Hi,

Thanks for your answer. It is not exactly what I asked though. If another instance of tab 1 is open, I would like it to be possible to close all but the last instance. Now you can only close the ones that are not the very first one. It should be the other way around: you should be able to close instances of tab 1, until there is only one left.

Children
No Data
Related