GLP Impression X4 Profile: Can adjust PWM Frequency

Hi, 

In the GLP Impression X4 and X4-S fixture profiles, I can’t adjust the PWM frequency.

According to the manual, the fixture has a parameter called “Special” that allows you to select the pixel control libraries (aka “Pattern Blocks”), adjust PWM Frequency, or reset the motors. In the Eos profile, this parameter is called “Mode.” Setting the DMX value on this parameter to 100-200 adjusts the frequency. 

In the Eos profile, there is a mode on the “Mode” parameter called PWM frequency, but when I select that and move the encoder, it doesn’t affect the “Mode” channel, it changes the Effect Macro parameter instead.

This is an issue in all versions of the X4 and X4-S profiles, the Normal, Hi Res, and Compressed modes. 

Thanks a lot.

Ethan

Eos v3.0.2

Parents
  • Hello Ethan, We seem to be looking at two different DMX layouts for the GLP Impression X4.  The one I found online for v1.0 DMX for "Compress-Mode", 14 DMX channels is this: Impression_X4_v1_0_from_V1_18-18-12-10n_EN   (Page 3-4).

It does seem like we need to add a third "Mode" option to DMX Channel 14 for Compress-Mode, like this:

So, I've attached a sample showfile with that fixture patched.  Could you try it out and see if you agree that this fixes the issue?  You may want to edit the PWM Lower and Higher ranges to make Home the lower or upper limit, as opposed to "in the middle" as I've done.

If my edits don't fix the issue, could you please attach the latest full User Manual so that we can get the fixture updated correctly?

GLP Impression X4 Compress edited 2021-07-06 10-03-57.esf2

• Hello Ethan, We seem to be looking at two different DMX layouts for the GLP Impression X4.  The one I found online for v1.0 DMX for "Compress-Mode", 14 DMX channels is this: Impression_X4_v1_0_from_V1_18-18-12-10n_EN   (Page 3-4).

It does seem like we need to add a third "Mode" option to DMX Channel 14 for Compress-Mode, like this:

So, I've attached a sample showfile with that fixture patched.  Could you try it out and see if you agree that this fixes the issue?  You may want to edit the PWM Lower and Higher ranges to make Home the lower or upper limit, as opposed to "in the middle" as I've done.

If my edits don't fix the issue, could you please attach the latest full User Manual so that we can get the fixture updated correctly?

GLP Impression X4 Compress edited 2021-07-06 10-03-57.esf2

Children
Related