Ion Embedded Software

I am trying to buy an Ion Xe 2k, but my IT department is expressing concerns because they need the embedded software to be Windows 10.

What is the current embedded software on the Ion Xe 2k.  Does ETC have a machine on Windows 10?

(Background: they want it on their network for some reason, and it must meet their security standards, despite me telling them it shouldn't be connected to the internet)

Parents
  • Thank you for your response, that is what I have been telling them.

The goal is that we have gateways set up and we want to be able to use the Android RF app, and the nomad mirror function which means the system needs wifi.

IT is complaining that any new Private Wifi will throw off their existing Wifi System and if they put it on their system, the issue is that the Ion needs to act as a DHCP server which will be a rogue in their system giving out bad IP addresses.

If you have any advice that would be Ideal.

Thanks

• Our lighting network is stand alone EXCEPT one connection to the facility WiFi access points.  Our IT department setup a VLAN and enabled it for selected APs and the one port on the switch to which we connect.  I use all static IP addresses for my system including my Android RFR units, so we didn't need to worry about DHCP.

John

• Our lighting network is stand alone EXCEPT one connection to the facility WiFi access points.  Our IT department setup a VLAN and enabled it for selected APs and the one port on the switch to which we connect.  I use all static IP addresses for my system including my Android RFR units, so we didn't need to worry about DHCP.

John

Children
No Data
Related