Sub/Bump Button Lights not working

Hi,

We have an Element 1 at our school, but today the lights that are located under the faders (we set all of them on submasters) stopped working correctly. For some reason, when a sub should have its light on, it doesn't. When I press Page Subs (softkey 6) (which would let me click on one of the buttons to change the subs/fader page), all of the lights turn on as they should. And when I change pages and a sub isn't at the right position, it flashes to indicate that (like normally). However, when I then set it to the correct position, the light turns off again.

I have tried reloading a showfile and power off  > power on, but nothing seems to be working.

I was hoping that I could find an answer to this because it seems like some (hidden) option has been turned on/off (?). When I move the fader or use the button, there is still correct submaster input, which I can see on the screen and in real-life.

Would it maybe help if I did a software update, even though we're already on the latest version, just to sort of let it reset?

Thanks,
Lucas

• This is certainly an odd situation.  It should be illuminated when content is loaded.  What version are you running?  If you go to Face Panel Test in the shell do the lights work correctly there?

• Do brightness-settings effect the LEDs on a Faderwing?

• They affect the sub display on the screen, but did not affect the internal faders on Element 1 when I tested.

• The Element is running the latest version that came out a few weeks ago (v3.1 on the website). Unfortunately, I will not be able to get back to the Element for a couple of days, but I did manage to put together a video on how it looks without the lights.

First, you will see the lights turn on when pressing s6. Then you will see me correcting a submaster position. And then the fact that the input still works.

• Then what Mathila mentioned might be worth looking into further- as I tested with v2.9.1.  v3.1.0 has some new brightness controls that are not present in older code.  Can you please check Setup>Device Settings>Brightness Settings?

• As I said, I don't have access to the console for a while, but I did check the brightness settings earlier and moved every slider up and down. Nothing worked.

• Face panel test (from the Shell) did make the bump button lights turn on when clicking on them.

I can confirm that reinstalling the software (v3.1 to v3.1) worked.

• I just found out that this problem is caused by pressing Ctrl+Shift+P on a connected keyboard.

Could someone explain why this particular key combination causes the sub button lights to turn off? Is it possible to turn them back on quickly, even though pressing ctrl+shift+p again does not bring them back up? Or can I maybe just completely disable this option so I can't accidentally activate it?

• ctrl shift P pages to the next lower fader page. the opposite of it is ctrl P.

the hotkeys can't be deactivated.

Related