Why does the first Go on a cue list include an Assert?

I hate when I have manual data that gets lost when pressing Go on a cue list. I want to be able to have a Cue list in my show that has no effect at all on anything other than a specific channel. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I have an answer that may help you.

In the fader config for your cue list, if you do a channel filter for only the channel(s) that are in the cues, then running the cues will not affect any manual data on any other channels.

(I too have been annoyed with losing manual data on a Go.  I busk movers with manual commands, but have the houselights on a cue list.  My intensities are always on subs, so I didn't know/remember that intensities fade out. With NIPs, they lose manual status and the reference labels disappear, but the parameter values don't change... so the show isn't affected, just my ability to know what that fixture is doing exactly.)

• Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I have an answer that may help you.

In the fader config for your cue list, if you do a channel filter for only the channel(s) that are in the cues, then running the cues will not affect any manual data on any other channels.

(I too have been annoyed with losing manual data on a Go.  I busk movers with manual commands, but have the houselights on a cue list.  My intensities are always on subs, so I didn't know/remember that intensities fade out. With NIPs, they lose manual status and the reference labels disappear, but the parameter values don't change... so the show isn't affected, just my ability to know what that fixture is doing exactly.)

Children
Related