Magig Sheet shows incorrect colours

Running 3.1.1.120

Magic sheet is showing wrong colours on Series 2 Lustr+'s. Mode is correct and all that. In some scenarios it will show a different color in the color pixker than in real life. If I try to recall from a D40, it will give me a too-saturated version of the color I want. This doesn't always happen, though.

Parents
  • I would check to see if you are using 

"Show gels as gel + lamp output" (the default setting)

or 

"Show gels as gel against white background"

Otherwise, would you please give some examples of colors that don't match?  And remember that if either Series 2 or D40 are in "Direct" mode, that is uncalibrated and colors are not guaranteed to match.

• Hello, and which mode is correct for Series 2 for calibrated colors/gels? We have 30 S2 Lustr and we use HSIC mode.

thank you

• Sorry for the delay.  The list of calibrated modes for Series 2 fixtures is in the User Manual on page 29 (PDF Page 35): Source Four LED Profile v1.8.2 User Manual

"Color Matching

The color output of all Source Four LED Profile fixtures is calibrated at the factory. When operating in the RGB, HSI, HSIC, or Studio profile, or when operating in Direct mode on the Series 2 Lustr (v1.8.1 or later), each fixture makes accommodations for the specific LEDs in its array and produces output that is consistent with other fixtures, whether or not they utilize LEDs from the same production batch. Operating with Plus Seven settings bypasses this calibration and multiple fixtures may produce slightly different outputs when controlled as a group."

So to confirm, HSIC is considered a calibrated mode and should guarantee matching between all Series 2 fixtures (assuming they are in v1.8.2 firmware).

• Sorry for the delay.  The list of calibrated modes for Series 2 fixtures is in the User Manual on page 29 (PDF Page 35): Source Four LED Profile v1.8.2 User Manual

"Color Matching

The color output of all Source Four LED Profile fixtures is calibrated at the factory. When operating in the RGB, HSI, HSIC, or Studio profile, or when operating in Direct mode on the Series 2 Lustr (v1.8.1 or later), each fixture makes accommodations for the specific LEDs in its array and produces output that is consistent with other fixtures, whether or not they utilize LEDs from the same production batch. Operating with Plus Seven settings bypasses this calibration and multiple fixtures may produce slightly different outputs when controlled as a group."

So to confirm, HSIC is considered a calibrated mode and should guarantee matching between all Series 2 fixtures (assuming they are in v1.8.2 firmware).

Children
No Data
Related