profile for Chinly 12 channel ... H DMX 512 Decoder

I need help finding a profile for an LED strip, using a Chinly 12 channel ... H DMX 512 Decoder.   That's all I know.   I have tried the Generic LED RGB profiles with no luck.   Any ideas?  Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Stephen,

These decoders are similar to the ones I use. Essentially it is a decoder for 4 strips of RGB LED. so what you do is patch as a generic RGB fixture at the starting address. If you only need one strip then you only need 1 channel. If you want to use 4 strips then assign them to 4 separate generic RGB fixtures and the addresses will be consecutive.  I have also used multiple single colour strips in the one fixture strip such as Ch 1,2&3 all red strips assigned as dimmers and then ran effects over them.

Hope this helps.

Geoff

• Hello, Thanks for the explanation.     We have used this same profile, yet we continued to have difficulty.

The equipment arrangement was:    A Xantrex Portable Power System AC Panel Cart, A ShowBaby 6, Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip.   

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with DMX from the console.

or The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with AC from the building.

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip did not work with the combination of portable power, and wireless DMX.    

Maybe all these devices need a common ground?

• Hello, Thanks for the explanation.     We have used this same profile, yet we continued to have difficulty.

The equipment arrangement was:    A Xantrex Portable Power System AC Panel Cart, A ShowBaby 6, Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip.   

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with DMX from the console.

or The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with AC from the building.

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip did not work with the combination of portable power, and wireless DMX.    

Maybe all these devices need a common ground?

Children
Related