profile for Chinly 12 channel ... H DMX 512 Decoder

I need help finding a profile for an LED strip, using a Chinly 12 channel ... H DMX 512 Decoder.   That's all I know.   I have tried the Generic LED RGB profiles with no luck.   Any ideas?  Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Stephen,

These decoders are similar to the ones I use. Essentially it is a decoder for 4 strips of RGB LED. so what you do is patch as a generic RGB fixture at the starting address. If you only need one strip then you only need 1 channel. If you want to use 4 strips then assign them to 4 separate generic RGB fixtures and the addresses will be consecutive.  I have also used multiple single colour strips in the one fixture strip such as Ch 1,2&3 all red strips assigned as dimmers and then ran effects over them.

Hope this helps.

Geoff

• Hello, Thanks for the explanation.     We have used this same profile, yet we continued to have difficulty.

The equipment arrangement was:    A Xantrex Portable Power System AC Panel Cart, A ShowBaby 6, Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip.   

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with DMX from the console.

or The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with AC from the building.

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip did not work with the combination of portable power, and wireless DMX.    

Maybe all these devices need a common ground?

• But if it is working with a Desk, than the problem is somewhere else.

They don't need a common ground.
    But you should check if:

1.: your Wireless DMX is outputting right
    2.: your Portable Power is working right

I would put the system in a working state and than switch 1 part only and recheck.
    If that is working, go back and recheck the 2nd new part in the system.

And if that works as well, add all together, one by one. And check in between.

• We have done the troubleshooting for these parts with known working parts.    The DMX works the same, coming from the console or through the SHowBabay 6.

Reply Children
Related