Tutorials on connecting with Nomad?

I cannot seem to find any resources on how to connect nomad. I am completely lost. I have a ETCnomad dongle, an Enttec Ode Mk3, a 2 universe Ion console, I have all the network requirements. The Ode Mk3 is working fine, but I cannot get the EOS software running on my computer (Mac or PC) because I cannot find a single tutorial on how to do this. 

Parents
  • Perhaps what's missing is the understanding that Nomad IS a console and is fully capable of doing everything a hardware console can do. Like any console, it can be a client for another console, a master, or a backup. All that is required for any of these functions is to be connected to the same network as the hardware console using wired ethernet. The Entec Ode is only useful when running as a master.

• Perhaps what's missing is the understanding that Nomad IS a console and is fully capable of doing everything a hardware console can do. Like any console, it can be a client for another console, a master, or a backup. All that is required for any of these functions is to be connected to the same network as the hardware console using wired ethernet. The Entec Ode is only useful when running as a master.

Children
  • Thank-you for your reply. Yes I feel generally in the dark about what exactly nomad is on a fundamental level, and I haven't been able to find any introductory material to explain, so my knowledge has plenty of holes in it.

What I don't understand (and can't find an explanation of) is the differences between those - "Primary" "Client" and "Backup" - how to set them up, and which is most suitable for my situation? I am connected to the same subgroup over wired connection, all running the same 3.1.5 build 8. As I mentioned in another comment, I managed to get Augmented3d tether working, but for some reason not the others... I'm unsure how to proceed. Essentially I'd like to either mirror what is on the console with the computer, or allow the computer take over the console's data and control changes (hope that makes sense)

• Ok! So I finally got it going. Client was what I was after. I was trying "primary", which wasn't working, and I am still unclear on how "primary" and "backup" modes work exactly...

• Primary means the device that is processing outputs - the one "console" (could also be a RPU or Nomad) that is outputting control data.
    • A Backup device connects to the Primary and will take over output functions if the Primary drops offline.

There are some rules regarding address counts and such that need to be taken into account but that's the basic theory.

Client connects to a Primary but does not take over if the Primary drops offline.

A Nomad on a PC can be any of these roles with an ETC dongle. Without a dongle, Nomad can only work offline or in "mirrror mode," which does not allow for remote control.

Hope that helps-

Related