Dark and Light moves.

I'm getting confused. Lets say I have a cue with ML #123 pointing downstage, Full Int. In the next cue I inadventrly grabbed it and pointed it upstage (still at full). When the cues are played back  we see the beam travelling across the stage! (I call it a smear).

Now, in the PSD/Flags section would this put a D or and L under the m/v column aginst the first or second cue? Let's assume we are only talking about a single fixture here.

Parents
  • No, this would create neither L nor D.

D (Dark Move): The fixture was at 0 in the previous cue, still is at 0 in the current cue, but has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.

L (Live Move), case 1: The fixture was at 0 in the previous cue, is on in the current cue (Intens > 0), and has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.
    L (Live Move), case 2: The fixture was on in the previous cue, is at 0 in the current cue, and has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.

If you're marking you'd normally not see case 1 of L.

The open move you're describing triggers neither L nor D. It will however indicate in PSD with a box around the time of the respective category time.

• Why can't I get this? A very simple experiment: Cue 1 here has nothing lit. Cue 2 sets 106 to Full with a P&T move upstage. Cue 3 keeps 106 at 100% but points the beam downstage (changing P&T only). We can see the "M"s in the exepected place. I'm probably misreading the definitions but in my mind "GO"ing from cue 2 to 3 moved the fixture while Light! Cue 4 took the fixture back down to 0% whilst 5 put it back to full. This was a move while Dark in my mind. 

• Why can't I get this? A very simple experiment: Cue 1 here has nothing lit. Cue 2 sets 106 to Full with a P&T move upstage. Cue 3 keeps 106 at 100% but points the beam downstage (changing P&T only). We can see the "M"s in the exepected place. I'm probably misreading the definitions but in my mind "GO"ing from cue 2 to 3 moved the fixture while Light! Cue 4 took the fixture back down to 0% whilst 5 put it back to full. This was a move while Dark in my mind. 

Children
Related