Dark and Light moves.

I'm getting confused. Lets say I have a cue with ML #123 pointing downstage, Full Int. In the next cue I inadventrly grabbed it and pointed it upstage (still at full). When the cues are played back  we see the beam travelling across the stage! (I call it a smear).

Now, in the PSD/Flags section would this put a D or and L under the m/v column aginst the first or second cue? Let's assume we are only talking about a single fixture here.

Parents
  • No, this would create neither L nor D.

D (Dark Move): The fixture was at 0 in the previous cue, still is at 0 in the current cue, but has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.

L (Live Move), case 1: The fixture was at 0 in the previous cue, is on in the current cue (Intens > 0), and has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.
    L (Live Move), case 2: The fixture was on in the previous cue, is at 0 in the current cue, and has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.

If you're marking you'd normally not see case 1 of L.

The open move you're describing triggers neither L nor D. It will however indicate in PSD with a box around the time of the respective category time.

• Why can't I get this? A very simple experiment: Cue 1 here has nothing lit. Cue 2 sets 106 to Full with a P&T move upstage. Cue 3 keeps 106 at 100% but points the beam downstage (changing P&T only). We can see the "M"s in the exepected place. I'm probably misreading the definitions but in my mind "GO"ing from cue 2 to 3 moved the fixture while Light! Cue 4 took the fixture back down to 0% whilst 5 put it back to full. This was a move while Dark in my mind. 

• The way you think about them is not how in Eos Live Move or Dark Move are defined.

L's or D's only show up if at least one side of the intensity move is 0.

Reply Children
Related