Dark and Light moves.

I'm getting confused. Lets say I have a cue with ML #123 pointing downstage, Full Int. In the next cue I inadventrly grabbed it and pointed it upstage (still at full). When the cues are played back  we see the beam travelling across the stage! (I call it a smear).

Now, in the PSD/Flags section would this put a D or and L under the m/v column aginst the first or second cue? Let's assume we are only talking about a single fixture here.

Parents
  • No, this would create neither L nor D.

D (Dark Move): The fixture was at 0 in the previous cue, still is at 0 in the current cue, but has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.

L (Live Move), case 1: The fixture was at 0 in the previous cue, is on in the current cue (Intens > 0), and has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.
    L (Live Move), case 2: The fixture was on in the previous cue, is at 0 in the current cue, and has a move instruction for a non-intensity parameter.

If you're marking you'd normally not see case 1 of L.

The open move you're describing triggers neither L nor D. It will however indicate in PSD with a box around the time of the respective category time.

• I did not know that. It is not how a Live move is commonly defined. This is (case 3) one or more NInt parameters moving between two cues with the intensity >0 in both cues. It could be useful to add a letter for this case as well.

Actually it could make sense to change the case 1 live move and case 2 live move to a lower case l and a full live move (case 3) to an upper case L in the PSD.

• Now we're in the realm of a feature request. Please head over to the respective section of this forum and post there. That way the product management team can review and prioritize this change.

Reply Children
No Data
Related