referenced effect from preset inside several cues

hello,

using eos 3.2.7 build 18

i have several cues using the same focus effect.

so i have recorded a preset containing this effect with "plus fx".

i am referencing this preset in several cues.

the result is fine, the effect is the same one on each cue.

and then, i am changing the effect size inside the preset.

the cues are not following this change from the preset.

i need to edit all my cues to ask the channels to use the same preset again...

is it a bug or a normal behavior or is there a workaround ?

Parents
  • This is redirected behavior. Presets do sure effect data, but the effect data is not referenced in e.g. cues. 

Think of presets with effects was delivery method that puts values in cues the moment you apply it, rather than a traditional referencing preset.

• This is super confusing and a bad design choice in my opinion. I honestly think it would have been better to simply not allow effects in presets at all, they don't mirror the expected behavior of referenced data, so it's of niche use and causes confusion like this.

• Hello,

what do you suggest to do ?

I need to store an effect somewhere with its channels parameters like rate, size, etc… to use it in several cues and beeing able to modify the effect parameters once and have the modifications effective in every cue without having to edit each cue on every effect parameter change.

• If you use and effect in a cue and do not modify any parameters, and re use that effect then it will reference it in all cues. Anywhere that data can be modified such as size and rate, the numbers turn red and then can be saved in to the cue at that size and rate. If you have an absolute effect that references things like CP of FP and you modify the CP or FP then the effect will be change in all cues it is used in.

EG effect xx is a colour effect made uop of green and red. If you change the colours to Red and blue then all cues that reference that effect will change to the new colours.

You do not need to save the effect in a preset to make it behave the same in cues. 

I hope this helps you a bit.

• If you use and effect in a cue and do not modify any parameters, and re use that effect then it will reference it in all cues. Anywhere that data can be modified such as size and rate, the numbers turn red and then can be saved in to the cue at that size and rate. If you have an absolute effect that references things like CP of FP and you modify the CP or FP then the effect will be change in all cues it is used in.

EG effect xx is a colour effect made uop of green and red. If you change the colours to Red and blue then all cues that reference that effect will change to the new colours.

You do not need to save the effect in a preset to make it behave the same in cues. 

I hope this helps you a bit.

Children
No Data
Related