Concurrent Macros?

So I need multiple macros to be able to run simultaneously. Is there any way to do that? Right now starting a new one while another is running terminates the other. I tried setting them to all different kinds of priorities to no avail. 

Parents
  • Is it possible to referenz them internaly?
    So that one Macro is triggering an other?

What are your Macros doing and what are you like to achieve?

• Not possible to reference internally. 

One macro says things like "1 at full delay 3 enter" while the other says something like "1 at 0 delay 5 enter". I cannot get both those macros to execute simultaneously so that I fire both at the same time such that channel 1 goes to full at 3 seconds and goes out at 5 seconds. There's a very good reason why I need to do this that I can't adequately get into here.

I think it's not actually a macro limitation but a "delay" command limitation. Can't send multiple delay commands to same fixture. The old one will just get overwritten. Super frustrating because if this was open source I could actually look and see why exactly this is happening and see how easy it would be to fix—whether 5 minutes or 5 hours.

• It's probably something like.. I mean if I were coding a command line, which I will be soon, I would (probably) make each command line execution be a separate controller that can make its own change requests. That way there's no limit to how many can be running simultaneously. So that way you're setting yourself up for success, not failure. But if it's set up instead where these controllers are set up on the parameter and they are just commandeered by command line, then it's like, well why?

• Just like when you actually type commands in the command line, changes to manual values don't "stack", they are immediately executed.

This is expected behavior.

• I think your issue is you are coming at this with a different mental model to how its designed to work.  Fundamentally the delay in the command line is not an instruction to the command line processor, but is setting an attribute on the channel you are addressing.    So the command is executing immediately and setting the target value for the channel and the delay time for when you want it to go to that value. 

You are kind of re inventing what the desk will do for you without creating the macro in that way.  its just a cue list with a follow that says turn it on after 3 and then off after another 2 seconds.  You can have multiple cue lists.

• I think your issue is you are coming at this with a different mental model to how its designed to work.  Fundamentally the delay in the command line is not an instruction to the command line processor, but is setting an attribute on the channel you are addressing.    So the command is executing immediately and setting the target value for the channel and the delay time for when you want it to go to that value. 

You are kind of re inventing what the desk will do for you without creating the macro in that way.  its just a cue list with a follow that says turn it on after 3 and then off after another 2 seconds.  You can have multiple cue lists.

Children
Related