Unable to get a solid connection with iPhone/iPad iRFR and iOS 5 update.

Hello,

Since my update to iOS5 I am unable to keep a constant connection to my ION. Every few minutes the app disconnects and I have to reconnect. This problem occurs on both my iPhone 4 and iPad (1st gen). In trying to figure out the problem I noticed that when attempting to connect to the board I would look at the iPhone/seetings/wifi screen and a connection is never truely made. I canstantly see the working icon, never a checkmark. I have asked a couple of other people at the theater with iDevices that have upgraded and they have to same issue trying to connect. I can connect to any other network without any issues except the ION.

I never had this issue until the upgrade to iOS5. If anyone else is having this issue and knows of a solution any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi,

There seems to be a general problem with iOS5 that many iPhone and iPad users have experienced since they upgraded to iOS5. Network connection is frequently dropped. I haven't seen a formal response from Apple yet but I hope they are working to solve this iOS issue.

[Clarification] Turning on Airplane mode as mentioned before might help as a workaround until it gets fixed since it will make sure that the device is using the network connection and not the cellular one.

[edited by: Anders Ekvall at 3:32 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Oct 24 2011]
  • Well, even with airplane mode/non 3g I can't get a good connection. As a test I dug out my old iTouch with the older iOS on it and it worked fine. I'll use the iTouch for now until Apple gets the connection thing sorted out.

• Howdy Wolf,

with your iO5 device, can you check what IP the WLAN connection has given your

iO5 device?

• Hi Corey,

auf unsere iPhone´s 4 hat der WLan-Router die IP 192. ... gegeben
    Keine DNS/Router Nummern.
    Der WLan-Router selber arbeitet aber mit 10.101.124.102 / 255.255.0.0

vor iOS 5 lief alles super.
    Jetzt haben wir Statische IP mit DNS & Router...  alles ist super. Verbindung stabil!

Gruß nach Hoki!

• Sorry for the delay in responding, got caught up in getting a failed Studio Spot fixed.

My IP is assigned to 10.101.50.108 although sometimes the device changes 108 to 106 (even under static).

As a test I dug out my iTouch (2nd gen) which I had used before getting an iPhone and iPad. The iTouch is

running iOS version 4.1 and after updating the iRFR app to it's current version it runs with no issues at all.

The iTouch IP is 10.101.100.250. I tried to put the wifi setting into the iPhone and iPad and they would not

connect at all with the iTouch settings. It won't connect at all with the setting that work great in the iTouch.

Right now the iTouch will work until a solution is figured out but I really miss using the iPads encoder screen. 

• I'll add a "me too" with having issues. I had originally had many connection issues when running the iOS Beta, but then it resolved itself with the GM release, so I had assumed that it was beta thing. I've now realized that it seems seems to depend on what console / configuration I'm running and the fact that it got better with the GM of iOS was a coincidence. 

I've now tested my phone on 3 different setups and here is what I get.

Flakey Connection - Ion running DHCP. Airport Express set to Access Point Mode (just acting as a Bridge). iPhone gets IP from Ion.

Flakey Connection - Ion running DHCP. Airport Express set to . Phone set to Static IP.

Good connection - Ion set with Static IP. Airport Express set to Access Point.  iPhone with Static IP.

Maybe there are other things at fault, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Thanks,

• For those who are using iOS 5:

Could you post to tell us if you are using iCloud and/or Wireless iTunes Sync?

This is just a general data gathering question and should not be read/implied to represent that there is a known issue with either of those services.

• I am using iCloud and the wireless sync option. I'll set my iPad up so it is not using those and see what happens tonight.

• Yes and Yes. iCloud and iTunes Wireless Sync are enabled.

Reply Children
No Data
Related