Position Data not currently copyable

is there a plan to be able to copy position data from one channel to another in A3D patch? right now if you copy aa channel it does not copy any A3D data.

Parents
  • One of the things that I'm finding would be useful right now is to be able to copy a fixture so I can mirror it. Instead of having to type all that data twice, if i could type it once, then copy the data and just add a negative to the X position, then I could effectively mirror... making data input that much faster (I could also put this information into a macro to make it super fast). Maybe this won't matter as much when Vectorworks integration is fully implemented, but right now having to type the information for 100s of lights without having a way to copy lights that are similar (by just changing one attribute) is cumbersome. The syntax that would seem the most appropriate would be to add a softkey function in the same vein as "plus show / only show / only text" that would allow me to copy "Only A3D Data" so my command line would read, "Chan 1 Copy To Only A3D Data Chan 2" Additionally if I typed "Chan 1 Copy To POSITION Chan 2" or "Chan 1 Copy To ORIENTATION Chan 2" I would expect that to work as indicated as a targeted copy.  I agree that not copying position data by default is the right option, but would like to see the option available for those cases as described above where it would be useful.
Comment
  • One of the things that I'm finding would be useful right now is to be able to copy a fixture so I can mirror it. Instead of having to type all that data twice, if i could type it once, then copy the data and just add a negative to the X position, then I could effectively mirror... making data input that much faster (I could also put this information into a macro to make it super fast). Maybe this won't matter as much when Vectorworks integration is fully implemented, but right now having to type the information for 100s of lights without having a way to copy lights that are similar (by just changing one attribute) is cumbersome. The syntax that would seem the most appropriate would be to add a softkey function in the same vein as "plus show / only show / only text" that would allow me to copy "Only A3D Data" so my command line would read, "Chan 1 Copy To Only A3D Data Chan 2" Additionally if I typed "Chan 1 Copy To POSITION Chan 2" or "Chan 1 Copy To ORIENTATION Chan 2" I would expect that to work as indicated as a targeted copy.  I agree that not copying position data by default is the right option, but would like to see the option available for those cases as described above where it would be useful.
Children
No Data