Personality for Elektralite MY250i

I would like to create a personality for the Elektralite MY250i.  The problem is that the channel assignments in the fixture put Pan Course on 5 and Pan Fine on 14 and the same goes with Tilt Course(6), Tilt Fine(15).  Since the editor only allows 16bit channels to be consecutive, is there a way around this?  I prefer to use a profile as opposed to just making them "dimmers" in the patch.
  • Unfortunately this is a limitation within Expression that the coarse and fine channels have to be consecutive. I'm not certain if there is a way to do this - you could patch the coarse channel as Pan/Tilt and then use the User# parameters to get the fine channels into the profile, however you will not get the true benefit of 16-bit fades. You would get access to the "fine adjustment" part of pan & tilt though...

Thanks -

Sarah

• Sarah,  Thanks for the reply.  This is what I thought.  How does the Smartfade ML handle this?  Is it still an issue on the EOS and ION?  Since we are adding these fixtures to our rental stock, and also adding the Smartfade ML and EOS/ION's down the road, we just want to know the compatibility.

Thanks

JP

• Hi JP -

I just saw your other post - so the split pan/tilt thing isn't a problem for the SFML or for the Eos/Ion consoles. :-)

Thanks -

Sarah

• jp, I didn't answer at first because of the last sentence in your post.  It sounded like you didn't want to do any manual patching at all.  Now, definitely on an Obsession I (and I think, probably II as well), because the ML patch mechanism is "laid on top of" the normal patch system, you can get away with making manual changes in an ML patch.  I once had to do this when a designer insisted on grouping "Control" and "Speed" dimmers for multiple MLs, I guess to save channels or get each fixture onto one Channel Screen line, just in case (?)

Anyway, if you try to do this in Expression 3 Offline (I don't have a board to try it on), you get a message box that says if you move a dimmer that's in an ML's patch, it will be restored upon the next power-up!  That (if it's correct) suggests that you cannot use this workaround in Expression.  Have you tried it?  Note, as Sarah said, that you are forced to have 16-bit channels in consecutive order.  That's not the same thing as having to have the 16-bit dimmers in consecutive order-If, and it's a big if, you can move the dimmers.

Related