Vivid R color problem

Hi there,

So the college I work for has 63" 6 cell Vivid R cyc lights and it seems that when we record it, with a color, to a submaster, it won't display that color right away. As we move the fader up it'll mix from a pinkish color and then become the desired color we assigned it.  We've tried to make it an intensity master but no such luck.  

Also, we recorded them within a cue and noticed that they delayed a bit displaying the color and had to step through different shades of say red or blue before it displayed the red or blue color we assigned it.

Is this normal? Or does a technician need to look at it? Could a simple reset of the lights be all that it needs?

Thank you in advance, 

Cheers

Parents
  • Your fixtures are doing what they should be. This sounds like you are seeing it mix from white to the color you want. This is because The default values for all of leds when they are in their home values are 100% for each colored emitter ie...”white” but with the master intensity at 0%. If you are mixing to a color like purple you are going to watch all of the leds not used like cyan and green fade from 100 to 0 or whatever lower level as your reds and blue remain the same of shift slightly. This is likely why you see a shift from white to tints of that color to the color you programmed. We can have you set a home present that will save the default values as 0 so it mixes the way you want.

Which console are you on and what software version.

Thanks.
  • Sure, could you tell me how to set a home preset? I'm on a Gio@5 and version 2.6
Reply Children
Related