Sensor CEM Classic - Hold Last Look

I have a 46 channel Sensor Touring rack with the CEM classic. 

I want to be able so set the Hold Last Look, to hold until I reset the dimmers. I've been able to change the settings on the rack to hold for 999; is there a way to make it hold longer?

Also the pins in the patch bay fit loosely, and slide out easy. Any tips on how to split the pins to make them fit more snug?

Finally can the CEM classic connect to a computer the way that the CEM+ can?

• Setting the data loss fade time to zero (0) will hold the look for an infinitive amount of time in v3.1. I know there was a version of code (maybe 3.0?) that this did not work.

Might I ask what you are looking to do this?

Sincerely,

Mike  

• I do not know about spliting them but....Patchbay upgrades to go from odler Anderson pole connectors to banana plugs are available and can be performed at ETC or by the customer.  There is a video available from ETC on how to do this work.  When arranging these kits to ship out, the patch bay must be standard size and shape and we will need to know whether they have a 2 or 4 patch panel.

Part # for these kits
    7053A1108  PATCH UPGRADE 2-OUT SMALL
    7053A1109  PATCH UPGRADE 2-OUT LARGE
    7053A1110  PATCH UPGRADE 4-OUT SMALL
    7053A1111  PATCH UPGRADE 4-OUT LARGE
    7053A1112  PATCH BASH UPGRADE 4-OUT SMALL
    7053A1113  PATCH BASH UPGRADE 4-OUT LARGE

One thing to remember about these bays is that there were a number of very early racks that had Hot and Neutral patchbays.  This allowed circuits to be plugged together in series for support of low-voltage ACLs.  These racks are NOT upgradeable

Please contact ETC Technical Services or your local dealer for help.

http://community.etcconnect.com/wikis/products/knowledgebase-sensor-patchbay-upgrade.asp

Sincerely,

Mike

• The CEM Classic cannot connect directly to a computer like CEM+ or CEM3. The interface for CEM Classic was via a SLTA (Serial LONTalk adapter). And the use of a DOS based program called EEload. This tool was use by ASC's to preform configurations on Sensor Classic.

Sincerely,

Mike

• How do I tell what software version the CEM is running?

We do rock shows, and after the show I bring up some pars as work lights, then unplug dmx and strike the lighting console. 

• The patch bay is banana plugs. I was hoping for something simpler then installing a new plug.

Thanks for the help.

•  

You can see the current SW by hitting 'reset' and then watching the LCD screen.

You can try recording a backup look that is the worklights and then play that from the CEM....But this is a bit of an inconvenience if you are in a front of house position as you would need to go to where the rack is located....or have someone backstage 'play' the backup look for you :-)

Related