Nomad EOS Network settings

Running EOS Nomad on Dell laptop Windows 7 using a DMX King eDMX 4 RDM converter. I could use some help on the Nomad EOS Network settings please.

Status shows green "online" now. Obtain ip auto is not checked however the address and subnet with no gateway I believe are correct and grayed out. (inaccessible or changeable.)

Know not what to set for Remote startup and shutdown, if anything nor know not what to set for Output Protocols and all below.

At this point I get no response on any lighting.

Parents
  • Nomad IP settings are managed by your operating system and are displayed for information only.
    Use Control Panel to configure these.

You will need to read the manual for the Ethernet to DMX converter you have purchased in order to determine the appropriate protocol.
    - In fact, you absolutely must read the manual for any proposed Ethernet to DMX device before purchase to determine which protocol(s) it supports.

It seems that you've got lucky as according to this manual, it supports sACN (E1.31) so turn that on and tick it as Default, and turn all other protocols off.

Leave everything else set at the default values. The factory defaults are correct for the vast majority of installations.

Finally, if you do not know what a setting does, just leave it at the default value. (This is a good trick for life in general!)

• Nomad IP settings are managed by your operating system and are displayed for information only.
    Use Control Panel to configure these.

You will need to read the manual for the Ethernet to DMX converter you have purchased in order to determine the appropriate protocol.
    - In fact, you absolutely must read the manual for any proposed Ethernet to DMX device before purchase to determine which protocol(s) it supports.

It seems that you've got lucky as according to this manual, it supports sACN (E1.31) so turn that on and tick it as Default, and turn all other protocols off.

Leave everything else set at the default values. The factory defaults are correct for the vast majority of installations.

Finally, if you do not know what a setting does, just leave it at the default value. (This is a good trick for life in general!)

Children
Related