Nomad EOS Network settings

Running EOS Nomad on Dell laptop Windows 7 using a DMX King eDMX 4 RDM converter. I could use some help on the Nomad EOS Network settings please.

Status shows green "online" now. Obtain ip auto is not checked however the address and subnet with no gateway I believe are correct and grayed out. (inaccessible or changeable.)

Know not what to set for Remote startup and shutdown, if anything nor know not what to set for Output Protocols and all below.

At this point I get no response on any lighting.

Parents
  • Nomad IP settings are managed by your operating system and are displayed for information only.
    Use Control Panel to configure these.

You will need to read the manual for the Ethernet to DMX converter you have purchased in order to determine the appropriate protocol.
    - In fact, you absolutely must read the manual for any proposed Ethernet to DMX device before purchase to determine which protocol(s) it supports.

It seems that you've got lucky as according to this manual, it supports sACN (E1.31) so turn that on and tick it as Default, and turn all other protocols off.

Leave everything else set at the default values. The factory defaults are correct for the vast majority of installations.

Finally, if you do not know what a setting does, just leave it at the default value. (This is a good trick for life in general!)

• Wouldn't call it lucky. I researched both on line and forums to see if this particular device would support it before I spent money on it and I was told over and over it would. It also advertises it supports ArtNet/sACN and shows it on Page 1 of the manual. I ask for assistance in setting up Nomad, they have been over the top assisting me with getting their device up and running, but there are still some things I don't know how to set, such as speed. The consoles show Maximum, Fast, Medium, Slow but the device has an actual speed. So I don't know what the DMX speeds are equal to those words. I have found it can definitely make a difference in a fixture working or not. And I'm almost out of cake but have plenty of frosting left.
  • On Nomad, the DMX Speed setting only applies to the ETC Gadget.

If you are using an Ethernet to DMX converter, you must set that in the Ethernet to DMX convertor itself.
    - For example, you could use Gateway Configuration Editor to configure ETC Net3/ACN DMX Gateways.

• Perhaps this article will help you choose settings for the device. It talks about how ETC DMX Speeds are set up. http://www.etcconnect.com/Support/Articles/DMX-Speed.aspx
  • Article is good, thanks. So what I am seeing is it doesn't matter on Nomad what the settings are for speed unless a Gadget is used. Humm. I absolutely had to change the factory setting on my ION to get my LED drapes to work properly.
Reply Children
Related