How can I track through a Qonly?

Suppose I make a change to a sequence, Qonly.  That works fine, but the channels used in the Qonly will no longer track past the Qonly.  Is there a way to make Qonly not impact the following cues?  I can use a preset and it will track by changing the preset.  What I would like is something like @Group-Cue that would set the values to the other cue.  Any way to get that?

Parents
  • Not sure what you're saying.....

Did you insert a Block?

Block will prevent values from Tracking. Remove the block and all is well.

or

Tracking mode will allow values to Track through. You can either set the console in Tracking Mode or use the Track button.

or

If you want channels 5-10 in Q9 to look like they did in Q8, you can: (5) [Thru] (10) [Recall From] [Cue] (8) [Enter]

Does any of that help?

• No, there is no block.

Say channel 1 is at 60% starting in cue 1 and tracking through cue 10.  I change it to 70% and it tracks thru cue 10.  Suppose I change it to 50% Qonly in cue 2 , meaning it stays at 70% in cue 1 and 3-10.  I now change it to 80% in cue 1 and want that to track thru to cue 3-10.  It won't do it because of the change in cue 2.  I want cue 2 to stay at 50%, but cues 3-10 to change to 80%.

RecallFrom is a manual operation, not tracking.  If I change channel 3 in cue 3 Qonly, 4 in cue 4 Qonly it becomes tedious to do it with RecallFrom. 

• That's just the way tracking works- if you put a move instruction in the middle of a series of tracked values, then the tracking starts over from the new move instruction.

One way to get what you want- build your cues with intensity palettes or presets. Then the levels will always reference the palette or preset, even if you drop in a Qonly move instruction in the middle of the cue list..

This becomes very unwieldy if you have a lot of cues, though.

-Todd

• That's just the way tracking works- if you put a move instruction in the middle of a series of tracked values, then the tracking starts over from the new move instruction.

One way to get what you want- build your cues with intensity palettes or presets. Then the levels will always reference the palette or preset, even if you drop in a Qonly move instruction in the middle of the cue list..

This becomes very unwieldy if you have a lot of cues, though.

-Todd

Children
Related