Fader page up and down macro

Hi Guy's!

Any idea how to make a Macro to change no specific fader page but to go 1 page down? There is button on the desks witch changes the pages up,  I would also need to opposite one.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Ueli!

Hmm.. I have up and down buttons on my wing so it's kinda pointless with physical wing to make additional macro for that. Also on the screen I have buttons for doing that but still there are some peculiar things happening with faders and PC.  I'm too lazy/busy to describe it here and it might be that it seems strange to me as I'm not everyday user. My client knows about the hard keys, he was just asking about how to make a macro for that, so I guess I will tell him to use the hard key's and not to waist time on that. 

Thanks! And see You around!

Kalle

• If you have hard keys, I’m sure that you could use the learn button to very quickly put that action into a macro. If he asks again...

• We tried that without no success. The hard key [Fader Page] gives You macro "FaderPagePress" which actually does nothing. And [SHIFT]+[Fader Page] gives You macro "Fader_Page_Back" but it also does nonthing at least if I treid on PC with wing connected.

• this button is for the internal faders (e.g. Gio@5, Gio, Ti).

for paging fader wings you should be able to use the softkey {FaderWing Page} that can be found in the macro editor. not sure if you can page up and down or if you need a page number. i'm also not sure what happens if you try learning the paging buttons on a Eos Standard Faderwing or an Eos Motorized Faderwing...

• Oh, too bad. TIL.

Looking through the Eos manual, on page 567-568 it lists the OSC commands related to the faders. Fader_Page_Back makes an appearance, but not any kind of "Fader_Page_Next" or "Fader_Page_Forwards" or anything like that. You can definitely record macros that take you to specific pages by holding down the fader page button and a number, which shows up as

FaderPagePress 3 FaderPageRelease,

and I have some macros that I've built in the editor as Ueli describes, which show up in the editor as

FaderWing_Page 1.

There's also holding down the fader page button and using page up and page down, which I think I remember only affecting the display of the fader ribbon in the PSD, but I've never tried it on a desk with an internal or external fader wing. It shows up in the editor as

FaderPagePress Page_Up FaderWing_Page 2 FaderPageRelease.

I've tried deleting the commands that reference specific fader pages, which turn it into a macro that does nothing.

Still no idea how to make a macro that changes the fader page in the virtual faders, unless you do it with a snapshot, which would have the same problem of referencing a specific page instead of something that can index next/last.

That's everything that I've been able to learn in the last hour or so. Hope that something in there can inspire someone to come up with a real answer, but I'd probably just use the hard keys.

Related