Why does the first Go on a cue list include an Assert?

I hate when I have manual data that gets lost when pressing Go on a cue list. I want to be able to have a Cue list in my show that has no effect at all on anything other than a specific channel. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Parents Reply
  • I think you'll need to share a show file / screenshot of your cues to get the most helpful answers. Something isn't quite lining up. I think I'll try to redirect this thread in a different way...

What is you're wanting to accomplish? By my notes so far you're wanting to make a cue list to execute certain parameters of channels and not make any other data changes? That's fairly basic programming, but I'm more curious to discover if it's the best/easiest way to accomplish your goal.

Also what console are we looking at here? What magic sheet / macro buttons/ faders do you have available to you?

Children
  • So the answer I got from the question of “Why do my manual intensity values go to 0 when pressing Go on a cuelist?” was basically that when pressing Go on the first Cue in a List, it will always include an Assert.

I don’t ask for anything other than to leave manual data as is, when executing Cues that aren’t affecting the manual data. So that when I’m creating a look, a list with something utility related like haze for example (or anything else for that matter) will not force all manual intensity data to 0%. 

Basically I want my other Cue Lists to stay out of my way. Don’t affect data that doesn’t belong to you.

As for console, I have an Eos Ti. 

Related