Why does the first Go on a cue list include an Assert?

I hate when I have manual data that gets lost when pressing Go on a cue list. I want to be able to have a Cue list in my show that has no effect at all on anything other than a specific channel. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Parents
  • If you want your manual values to stay, you can always capture them.

• Just as John sayed, right know there are only a few option to avoid the override.

- Capture your manual values (there are 3 ways of capture)

1. keep them selected in your commandline. Also known as commandline-Capture
    2. <selection> [Capture] [Enter]. will place a yellow C on your capured channel/parameter
    3. [Capture][Capture][Enter] (this will post 'Capture Enable' to you commandline). This will make every Manual value automaticaly a captured Value, from now on, and will have also a yellow C on every channel/paramter

- use a Submaster (as you say haze is one of your main feature, go make a Submaster out of it)

- make a quick save of all your manual data in a place-holder-Cue-List (maybe with a macro). I think something like that was shown in the advanced FX-Tutorial.

- maybe something else i could not think of right now...

-----

I feel with you. But right know there is nothing more than to work around or prevent to have manual data.

You can make a feature request. And maybe it will make it into a new EOS version somehow.

• Just as John sayed, right know there are only a few option to avoid the override.

- Capture your manual values (there are 3 ways of capture)

1. keep them selected in your commandline. Also known as commandline-Capture
    2. <selection> [Capture] [Enter]. will place a yellow C on your capured channel/parameter
    3. [Capture][Capture][Enter] (this will post 'Capture Enable' to you commandline). This will make every Manual value automaticaly a captured Value, from now on, and will have also a yellow C on every channel/paramter

- use a Submaster (as you say haze is one of your main feature, go make a Submaster out of it)

- make a quick save of all your manual data in a place-holder-Cue-List (maybe with a macro). I think something like that was shown in the advanced FX-Tutorial.

- maybe something else i could not think of right now...

-----

I feel with you. But right know there is nothing more than to work around or prevent to have manual data.

You can make a feature request. And maybe it will make it into a new EOS version somehow.

Children
  • Thanks Mathilda. I'll probably do some macros with one of the methods you suggested for now.

Just to mention, the haze example is just for simplification. I also have cue lists running other important stuff all the time. The reason I mentioned haze is that I have usually just used a submaster for haze and smoke machines and such, until one day I wanted to have a very specific pattern of smoke-blowing in a show. So I made some cues in a list. This sequence could be triggered at any time by sound. You can probably figure out what would then happen when I was trying to work at the same time. 

Now I'm running into the same thing when using a list as kind of an effect - a 3 cue list that gets repeated and every third Go it will take away everything I'm working on. 

There must be something I'm missing, this can't be it - is it? I can't see how other programmers haven't run into these scenarios before.

• If you are working on something and will record it in something in the near Future, use the "Auto Capture" function. Or if you not want to record it and just like to have it up for some while... I would recommand that.

[Capture][Capture][Enter] (this will post 'Capture Enable' to you commandline). This will make every Manual value automaticaly a captured Value, from now on, and will have also a yellow C on every channel/paramter
Related