Why does the first Go on a cue list include an Assert?

I hate when I have manual data that gets lost when pressing Go on a cue list. I want to be able to have a Cue list in my show that has no effect at all on anything other than a specific channel. Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Parents
  • If you want your manual values to stay, you can always capture them.

• Just as John sayed, right know there are only a few option to avoid the override.

- Capture your manual values (there are 3 ways of capture)

1. keep them selected in your commandline. Also known as commandline-Capture
    2. <selection> [Capture] [Enter]. will place a yellow C on your capured channel/parameter
    3. [Capture][Capture][Enter] (this will post 'Capture Enable' to you commandline). This will make every Manual value automaticaly a captured Value, from now on, and will have also a yellow C on every channel/paramter

- use a Submaster (as you say haze is one of your main feature, go make a Submaster out of it)

- make a quick save of all your manual data in a place-holder-Cue-List (maybe with a macro). I think something like that was shown in the advanced FX-Tutorial.

- maybe something else i could not think of right now...

-----

I feel with you. But right know there is nothing more than to work around or prevent to have manual data.

You can make a feature request. And maybe it will make it into a new EOS version somehow.

• Thanks Mathilda. I'll probably do some macros with one of the methods you suggested for now.

Just to mention, the haze example is just for simplification. I also have cue lists running other important stuff all the time. The reason I mentioned haze is that I have usually just used a submaster for haze and smoke machines and such, until one day I wanted to have a very specific pattern of smoke-blowing in a show. So I made some cues in a list. This sequence could be triggered at any time by sound. You can probably figure out what would then happen when I was trying to work at the same time. 

Now I'm running into the same thing when using a list as kind of an effect - a 3 cue list that gets repeated and every third Go it will take away everything I'm working on. 

There must be something I'm missing, this can't be it - is it? I can't see how other programmers haven't run into these scenarios before.

• Thanks Mathilda. I'll probably do some macros with one of the methods you suggested for now.

Just to mention, the haze example is just for simplification. I also have cue lists running other important stuff all the time. The reason I mentioned haze is that I have usually just used a submaster for haze and smoke machines and such, until one day I wanted to have a very specific pattern of smoke-blowing in a show. So I made some cues in a list. This sequence could be triggered at any time by sound. You can probably figure out what would then happen when I was trying to work at the same time. 

Now I'm running into the same thing when using a list as kind of an effect - a 3 cue list that gets repeated and every third Go it will take away everything I'm working on. 

There must be something I'm missing, this can't be it - is it? I can't see how other programmers haven't run into these scenarios before.

Children
Related