Moving lights in augment3d not reflecting real space.

Hi team,

I have a bunch of moving heads which, when loaded into A3D and put in to a FP do reflect real space or the other way around. 

Example MH6 in FP that is in an XX formation on stage. has the fixtures pointing all over the place, or if I set in a FP in the real space sent the positions in all random directions. 

What I have done is set the XYZ axis in the setting line at 0,0,0. Then set the lighting bars at the correct Y and Z values (measured) and then the X values -x thru x  at the measured positions.

I even tried to do FPE but that failed so badly I had to laugh.  I have tried rotating the fixtures in A3D and they look good for one FP but then for the others not good at all.

Fixtures are: Chauvet R1 Spot, Martin Rush MH6 and Martin rush MH7 (these seem to be not far out). 

What can I do about or have I missed something? 

I work in another venue that has EK K smart, Clay Packy Axcor 300 and Silverstar Pluto2000's and they appear to be 95% accurate.

Parents
  • First of all, you should check if the orientation is correct in augment3d. When pointing straight down and tilt up. Is that matching to reality?  If not, easy fix is to rotate them in patch. Usually it is off by 90degrees

Another problem that I had once that movers actually pan from -300 to 240 instead of -270 to 270. Took me way too long to figure that out. Changed the pan range in fixture type and all was good.

• First of all, you should check if the orientation is correct in augment3d. When pointing straight down and tilt up. Is that matching to reality?  If not, easy fix is to rotate them in patch. Usually it is off by 90degrees

Another problem that I had once that movers actually pan from -300 to 240 instead of -270 to 270. Took me way too long to figure that out. Changed the pan range in fixture type and all was good.

Children
No Data
Related