How long does it take for Carallon to generate a fixture profile?

It's been about two months since I put a fixture request.

The fixture hub says a request has been sent to Carallon for all this time. I was wondering how long it takes for a profile to be generated. It is becoming more and more urgent to have one as the weeks go by.

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
  • At last I've been able to get on the desk in between programming show work.

There is an oddity which I can't explain at the moment.

Using the same patch (the 2-cell PIX3 profile) on our Ion and Element boards give different colour rendering. On the Element the higher colour temperatures faithfully produce a cool white. Nomad (using Augment3D) does the same. However, on the ION "white" and all the higher colour temperatures render with a very pronounced purple cast - not white at all. Actually, it's the same colour rendering as the generic LED profile we were having to use before you helped us.

The ION's behaviour is most peculiar and I'm trying to understand what might be happening there.

Nevertheless, please accept thanks once again for your expert help and time in creating these personalities.

• This is just an idea to look into, not knowing anything specific.

But did you had a look into what color base you are using?
    Picture attached.
    And how do you select you color, if yousay "the White is not as i expect it to be"

• Yes, thanks Matilda. That's one of the things on my list to look at.

By "white" I meant either selecting the "White" colour tile under Standard Colors in the colour picker (ETC use US spelling of course!) or using the "Home" settings for colour and adjusting the colour temperature to any setting - they all have this purple cast on the Ion stage but not on the Element stage.

I also need to check what mode the fixtures are set to in the sky. It's been so long since they were rigged I don't think anyone can remember though they are probably all set at the same thing.

Related