studiopix merge 8 fixture together

hi
can you tell me the way how can i record letters to 8 studiopix to run like on bar like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwP3EVPzrkk

i don't know how to explain better than this
thanks
  • [quote=michael_graham;38976]Sonyboy

If you patch a SHOWPIX and your fixtures are StudioPix, for the most part they will work, but keep in mind that the studiopix has fewer leds so we had to adjust the graphics so they will display correctly.

Some images may not look as good since you have the wrong fixture patched.

Also keep in mind that the protocal is setup to run both graphic layers. You may run into problems if you do not patch both layer.[/quo

i'm informed of that and work both ways but for me now it have to be patch like this(few reason way..dmx??!!..etc.) my station works great

so does somebody know the answer
  • [quote=jxgriffi;38985]If you want it to scroll like the video, you can do this a couple of ways. You can build a long chase that takes the letters from right to left. It is time consuming but can be done.

The other option is to create a video file and use the pixelage function. You can then map the entire video across all 8 fixtures, but you would have to render out the video file for any changes. In order to use the pixelage, you'll need to make sure your fixtures are networked and you can access the ECHO program from a laptop to talk to the fixtures.

I use After Effects to create my scrolling text for right to left. For top to bottom, I just use the alphabet and the y position function. It all depends on what you're looking for.

finally somebody

chase is to long .......
    don't know how to access the echo program from a laptop
    also don't know how to program echo
  • Sony,

Please email me off forum at mail@joebleasdale.co.uk and I can sort some custom content with whatever words/scrolling writing you need. Echo and pixellage are really easy to use.

Regards,
  • Here is a link to the Echo software and manual.
    www.highend.com/support/Echo/EchoSoftware.asp

It will show you how to create the pixellage.
    You will need the Wholehog Single Universe DMX widget or the USB Upload Module to communicate between the StudioPix/ShowPix and Echo.
  • Just to add to what Michael said, Cat West kindly did some videos for us...

www.highend.com/support/training/Files/pixellage/pixellage.html

Regards,
  • i don't have Wholehog Single Universe DMX widget or the USB Upload Module so for me is impossible,only few mixer(roadhog.fullboard.wholehog3)
    just now i remember that i need to post a demand for some shortcut for exlampe qlist1 que1 "fixture1"open because fixture 1 is impossible to open immediately
  • Correct, you won't be able to access ECHO without either one of those. You're best bet would be to build a chase for right to left...or alter the look and have the words drop in from the top...which you can just do on the console.
  • [quote=jxgriffi;39003]Correct, you won't be able to access ECHO without either one of those. You're best bet would be to build a chase for right to left...or alter the look and have the words drop in from the top...which you can just do on the console.

unfortunately it's too long so i will do nothing and expect for update

but when you are free and near by i will buy you a beer
  • I'm not sure what you're expecting for an update...ECHO is the ONLY way to get custom content into a Showpix/StudioPix. And, to access the fixtures, you HAVE to have a USB Uploader or DMX Widget. I don't expect any type of "update" to get around this.

As for me, I'm located in the USA in California. :147:
  • Ask your supplier nicely for a widget. You have hired 8 studiopix and by the sounds of it alot of consoles. The price of a widget it tiny compared to the list you seem to have. I cannot comment on exact revenue because I dont even think there are any studiopix fixtures in the UK for me to compare against. But I always go off the saying "you dont ask, you dont get". Ask them for a widget. The worst they can say is no.

As for the update, like Jon says, it is the only way. This is like this for most uploading to fixtures. The DL.3 requires CMA. Other manufacturers too, software upload to a Mac requires an MP2 or Dabs1. I dont think any software update could change this.

Regards,
  • [quote=jxgriffi;39010]I'm not sure what you're expecting for an update...ECHO is the ONLY way to get custom content into a Showpix/StudioPix. And, to access the fixtures, you HAVE to have a USB Uploader or DMX Widget. I don't expect any type of "update" to get around this.

As for me, I'm located in the USA in California. :147:

i mean to upload in mixer (hope hes will provide)because if you don't have USB Uploader or DMX Widget and you spend about 50.000 euro(console)
    for me is to stupid way they didn't tell us for that when we buy 6 studiopix and 2 showpix together(price ??????????)
  • The information is in all of the documentation for both the Studio Pix and the Showpix. I'm sorry your dealer didn't mention it to you.

The console is a controller, not a media uploader. I doubt seriously that the console will ever have this capability and I completely agree that it needs to be a stand-alone system as the networking resources required would bring down everything else.

Any fixture you buy need some type of off-board USB uploader for software. HES, Martin, Vari-lite...they all need some type of dongle to enable software updates to the fixtures. The Showpix and Studiopix are no different.

EDIT:
    Also...a DMX upload module is $310 USD according to the pricelist. If you were buying 6 StudioPix and 2 Showpix, this is something that should have been budgeted for...a VERY small price when you look at the large picture of the investment.
  • I see what you are getting at. I am sure I have read a thread suggesting it. Can a member of HES staff confirm it is logged please?

Regards,
  • [quote=jxgriffi;39017]The information is in all of the documentation for both the Studio Pix and the Showpix. I'm sorry your dealer didn't mention it to you.

The console is a controller, not a media uploader. I doubt seriously that the console will ever have this capability and I completely agree that it needs to be a stand-alone system as the networking resources required would bring down everything else.

Any fixture you buy need some type of off-board USB uploader for software. HES, Martin, Vari-lite...they all need some type of dongle to enable software updates to the fixtures. The Showpix and Studiopix are no different.

EDIT:
    Also...a DMX upload module is $310 USD according to the pricelist. If you were buying 6 StudioPix and 2 Showpix, this is something that should have been budgeted for...a VERY small price when you look at the large picture of the investment.
    maybe in a few month i will near by...just maybe... but if you are somewhere in europe maybe we can find each other for beer
  • Sonyboy,

We do not currently have any active plans to include the ability to upload content to fixtures from the lighting console. You will need to use an Upload Module or DMX widget to accomplish uploading of files. This is made very clear in all the SHOWPIX/StudioPix documentation and I am unsure why you purchased fixtures without this knowledge.

As has been stated, you can build a chase to scroll letters across fixtures. I have done this with 8 SHOWPIX fixtures and it really does not take that long. First, take a moment to create palettes for the letters you will use (a palette for each file or "letter") and then create a palette for the left position and the right position of the image (X position). With a little thought and time, you can easily select fixtures and letters and create the illusion of scrolling across your fixtures. Making use of crossfade and delay times will be a big help.

Also please email me directly at brad.schiller@barco.com and let me know the company that purchased the fixtures as well as the dealer they were purchased from. I will see what I can do to help ensure that they are aware of the need for an upload module/DMX widget when making a sale. In addition I will see if we can do anything in the imediate future to get an upload module to you.

thanks,
Related