Commands in Magic Sheet

Hello Everyone,

I'm running a 11-unit setup in a showroom (EOS+gadget on windows or mac) where I want to integrate a simple touch screen and a mgic sheet to alter our LED fixtures. Magic-sheet setup is doable, but i've run into problems, when it comes to "create a button" which should recall a certain cue or execute a function like "channel 1 through 11 intensity 40".

So in short:

- how do I setup commands for a magic sheet button (I know its target must be "command") - but how do I execute "Go To Cue 2"?

- is there an overview of possible commands (e.g. "got to cue")? (the user manual and its various unstructured supplements is a nightmare)

Thanks,

Jan

Parents Reply
  • It really depends on what you are using the magic sheet for. Your one is indeed mostly doing basic commands and you probably use it for setting up a new show and so that makes perfect sense to keep it all as commands.

I'm using the magic sheets to busk shows, so I need it to have more functionality and for some of it my sheet needs to be like direct selects, ie a bunch of colour pallets, general looks, focus pallets for my movers as well as macros for copying BPMs to my effects, macros to load the master fader with different cue lists for different song styles etc, as well as the kind of things you have on your sheet to adjust parameters (which I do use commands on the buttons). Using macros makes it easier to re use as well as just need the new magic sheet (or areas of the sheet using views) to reference the macro rather than copy pasting the command from button to button.

So really depends on what you are needing to do, both ways of setting it up are valid depending on the usage.
Children
Related